Lucid, part of the Acuity Brands portfolio, is seeking a dynamic Application Engineer with great technical skills and experience to join our professional services team. Acuity Brands is the North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of innovative lighting systems. Our LED lights are computing, sensing, network connected platforms, and everywhere there are people, there are lights. We are perfectly positioned to enable the Connected Buildings, and we have plenty of awesome building automation projects to work on! We are driving the industry's transformation to smart lighting; redefining how people live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're seeking a talented and enthusiastic Application Engineer whose primary responsibility is to take mockups that are pre-designed, and build them out entirely from start to finish using our product, DGLux5. Your job is to ensure that the application designed will look to standards across desktop, tablet and mobile. Ideally, you are a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take the pre-designed mockup and build the application by using DGLux5 which is compatible across desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Work with multiple backend systems to integrate data into the frontend graphics, manipulate the data per application requirement as needed.
- Work closely with internal or external customers to build the applications that meet their business needs.
- Interact with project managers, UX/UI designers, software engineers, and other applications developers.
- Work with Agile/Scrum methodologies for application development.
- You are passionate and optimistic.
- You work for the best interest of the group at all times.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You have excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- You have an advanced understanding of web and mobile UX/UI.
- You have the ability to develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- You have the ability to work well with client services, sales, and the design team, and manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
- You have clear logical thought process to come up with steps of solving an implementation challenge, regardless of ability to actually execute it in code.
- Local resource is preferred
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- The chance to work on meaningful projects aspiring to improving people’s lives in building automation area.
- Great equipment including 4k monitors Surface Books / Surface Pros or MacBooks
- Casual dress code (we are talking shorts!)
- Creative and collaborative environment
- Company paid sports leagues and wellness program
- On-site game room
- Free coffee and tea
- And now the ordinary benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401K, HSA Accounts, Stock Purchase Plans
- and more!
You should have knowledge in:
- JSON structure and manipulation
You should be familiar with:
- SQL-type queries
- REST API uses and purpose
NICE TO HAVE
- Back-end development familiarity is a PLUS
- Any knowledge/experience with various building automation systems or industry as a whole is a PLUS
WHY IS ACUITY BRANDS A GREAT PLACE FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT?
- Our software team is a strategic part of the direction of our company
- Our company is a very profitable market leader and provides financial stability
- You will work with highly talented, fun and supportive teams
- We believe in a healthy work/life balance
- We produce quality software that you can be proud of