We are looking for a customer success manager who is responsible for developing customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty and act as a strong advocate for our customers. You are passionate about helping customers achieve their energy management, facility operations, and environmental sustainability goals. You understand our customer’s needs, and are committed to aiding them in defining their plans for success, as well as overcoming challenges to achieve that success. Building meaningful relationships based on trust, expertise, and the ability to solve problems in collaboration with our customers is critical.
The Customer Success Manager’s is measured on effective, proactive customer relations and not just as a reactive ‘churn-fighter.’ Our customer success managers must also work closely and mobilize internal Lucid resources in the product, services, sales, marketing, and executive groups.
The ideal candidate understands the needs of environmental sustainability managers, building operators, facility managers, and building owners.They are passionate about being the voice of the customer, and knowledgeable in building and energy management initiatives. This is a chance to lead a transformation in how building operators leverage building data and technology to create more efficient building and sustainability management practices.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Lucid's products.
• Deliver strategic customer training and ensure high value product utilization.
• Proactively outline customer critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations (Lucid Account/Success Plans).
• Ensure customer success through product training and best practices webinars.
• Provide expert-level technical support via phone and email
• Conduct frequent reviews with accounts to determine customer satisfaction and identify opportunities for improvement and product use expansion.
• Partner with Lucid’s Account Managers/Account Executives to help them be more effective, and drive identified upsell opportunities.
• Identify at risk accounts to minimize monthly and annual churn rates.
• Identify customer references and case studies.
• A strong passion for the customer’s success!
• Relevant work experience in a customer-facing role, including customer success, account management or strategy consulting. SaaS experience a benefit. Prior experience with energy management or building operations/facility management is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships, at all levels within an organization (Admin to C-Level).
• Proven track record of managing customer escalations (internally and externally), balancing customer expectations, and negotiating successful resolutions.
• Ability to analyze accounts, conduct discovery calls, and formulate detailed customer specific success plans.
• Act as liaison between product management, support and the customer for instances where escalation of critical product issues and enhancements.
• Strong analytical skills, proficiency with Excel, and experience with Salesforce.com
• Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment in an early-stage company.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for energy management, environmental/sustainability studies, computer science or related degrees.
• Must be willing to Travel ~15% of the time
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in energy management or sustainability
• Familiarity with energy management hardware and software technologies and providers
Compensation & Perks
• Competitive compensation package including excellent family medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Healthy, productive, world-class work environment
• Easily accessible by BART
• Company retreats and parties with your colleagues