Lucid is looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) with prior experience to join our world-class team. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. This is a unique opportunity to experience a startup culture with an innovative SaaS clean tech growth company.
How To Be Successful In The SDR Role
You should have natural sales instincts, previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until the deal is closed. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Working from Lucid’s downtown Oakland HQ, the BDR you will be a self-starter, ambitious, team oriented and committed to becoming an expert on Lucid’s software, surpassing Lucid’s sales goals and driving change through the democratization of energy management.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Research and build new and existing accounts
- Conduct high volume prospecting of potential clients through strategic cold calling and emails
- Clearly convey the value proposition of Lucid’s technology to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase client satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude and track record
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Meet and exceed weekly, monthly and quarterly goals and quota
- Excellent time management skills
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Provide regular, detailed feedback to the marketing team to optimize sales campaigns
Required Qualifications And Skills
- Minimum of a BA or BS undergraduate degree required
- AT least of one year proven track record in software sales or business development
- Hands-on experience using multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics, tracking and measurement
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Strong interest in behavioral and operational energy savings
- Knowledge of Healthcare, Technology, Real Estate and/or Education markets to be able to sell into these potential markets
Other Valued Qualities And Skills
- A diligent self-starter that works well with little supervision
- A passion for technology and the environment
- A great, committed team player and someone who is fun to work with
- Driven to succeed and interested in working with a winning team
Compensation and Perks
- Competitive compensation package includes base salary, commissions and private company equity.
- Excellent family health, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan for full-time employees
- Healthy, productive, world-class work environment
- Easily accessible by BART
- Company retreats and parties with your colleagues