Lucid’s system process gigabytes of data daily. We format, aggregate, evaluate, and deliver detailed real-time sensor data in a meaningful way to our users. Our distributed system manages B2B integrations with hundreds of disparate systems to create a cohesive view of our customers energy consumption and its environmental impact all while enabling gamification that engages the buildings occupants.
Candidates will have a solid background in SAAS service and network infrastructure implementation and support. This person will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver solutions across a complex network. The candidate must be a collaborative team player and participate in active performance/scaling discussions and solutions.
What does a Technical Operations Engineer do on a daily basis?
- Works on developing and maintaining a highly scalable distributed system.
- Monitors system and network health, ensuring industry standard uptimes
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Collaborates with engineering and product on medium and long term scaling strategy
- Works with others applying knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Collaborates constantly with a collection of great people who are all engaged in learning and building a great system
- When applicable, creates quality scripts and code she/he is proud of from the environment of choice: Vagrant, Docker and SaltStack means your front end is yours
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
What are we building?
- A reporting and analytics engine for energy data
- A real-time measurement and verification engine for analyzing energy spend
- A commercial implementation of IoT (Internet of Things) Controls
- A gamification platform for building occupant engagement
- A collection of reactive components for distribution into the wild
- Interactive kiosks for education
- Administrative tools and connectors to enable a holistic view of all energy consumption data
How is it built?
- Linux (Debian)
- Your code
What is required?
- 5+ years of developing production systems
- Ability to work on complete systems located at our Data Center.
- Ability to work with systems located in AWS.
- A positive, collaborative attitudes
- A willingness to work, learn, and enjoy
What could really help?
- A passion for technology and the environment
- Understanding of working within a DevOps based organization
Compensation & Perks
- Competitive compensation package including excellent family medical, dental, and vision insurance and stock options
- Healthy, productive, world-class work environment
- Easily accessible by BART
- Company retreats and a fun office environment